For individuals and organizations with rights and responsibilities under disability laws, Meeting the Challenge provides the premier starting place for clear understanding and guidance to solve compliance challenges because only Meeting the Challenge has the broad based knowledge, network access, and resources as demonstrated by our 20 year history of delivering and increasing access for people with disabilities.
Our fundamental goal is to organize and present information to users in a form that increases their awareness and understanding of the underlying disability law. This awareness and understanding allows them to implement the laws within their organization based on the knowledge gained.
Central to this goal is transformation of data into information, dissemination of that information, and presentation of the information in an easy-to-use manner. MTC believes that technology, including knowledge management systems, the Internet, and the worldwide web, can be valuable tools in the transformation, dissemination, and presentation of information.
Among the federal disability laws we cover are:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- The Fair Housing Act
- The Air Carrier Access Act
- The Help America Vote Act
- 1989 - MTC was founded to transfer technology from the aerospace-defense industry to systems that improve the quality life for individuals with disabilities.
- 1991 - MTC received the first of four consecutive five year grants from the U.S. Department of Education, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) to become an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Technical Assistance Center for the Rocky Mountain region (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming).
- 1997 - The company reduced it's emphasis on products and focused on information services to support the implementation of federal disability rights laws.
- 2009 - MTC funded the creation of the Invisible Voices theatrical production to heighten awareness of issues facing people with disabilities every day.
Meeting the Challenge is passionate about creating a world of equal opportunity and access for people with disabilities.
To further our purpose, we expand disability law implementation by providing high quality products and services that inform, educate, and motivate our clients.
Our clients include individuals, businesses, and organizations with rights and responsibilities under disability law.
Acquire and disseminate KNOWLEDGE
- We possess both breadth and depth of knowledge in our field.
- We are skilled in disability law knowledge translation.
- We are solution oriented.
Exhibit INTEGRITY in all of our actions and relationships
- We keep our promises.
- We act honestly and ethically in all we do.
- We are stewards of the talent, resources, and responsibilities entrusted to us.
Demand EXCELLENCE in all we do
- We pursue effectiveness and efficiency in all areas.
- We learn from our successes and our mistakes.
- We will not compromise on quality in anything we do.
Ensure satisfaction with our SERVICE
- We identify the needs of our clients and exceed their expectations.
- We know our clients and understand how our work impacts them.
- We treat our clients with dignity and respect.
Embrace the opportunity to accept new CHALLENGES
- We encourage personal growth and continuous learning.
- We recognize that if we are not continually growing, we are falling behind.
- We address the needs of our clients aggressively.
PEOPLE are at the center of everything we achieve
- We believe in the inherent dignity and worth of all people.
- We value diversity.
- We are accountable to each other as partners in a common mission.